Thursday, October 6, 2016


Warbucks, Grace
NYC, the shimmer of Times Square! 

Warbucks
The pulse! 

Grace
The beat! 

Warbucks, Grace
The drive! 

Warbucks
NYC, you might say That I'm square! 
But wow! I come alive! 

All
The city's bright as a penny arcade! 
It blinks, It tilts, It rings! 

Annie
To think that I've lived here All of my life, 
And never seen these things! 

All
NYC, the whole world keeps coming!
 By bus, by train, You can't explain 
Their yen for..

Star to be
NYC! Just got here this morning! 
Three bucks! Two bags! One me! 
NYC, I give you fair warning! 
Up there in lights, I'll be! 

All
Go ask the Gerschwins 
or Kaufman and Hart, 
The place they love the best! 
Though California pays big for their art, 
Their fanmail comes addressed to NYC, 
Tomorrow a penthouse! That's way up high! 

Star to be
Tonight the Y! Why not? 
It's NYC! 

All
NYC, you're standing room only! 
You crowd, You cramp, 
You're still the champ! 
Amen for N, Y... 
Spoken: Keep it quiet down there!
 C!

No comments:

Post a Comment